Do you know what type of skin you have? Part 1.
Today I share with you the secret know-unfortunately still. How to care for your complexion to look good? Working for many years at the clinic I meet one and the same problem: Nobody teaches us how to properly nurture complexions of different ages. Repeated for generations: “Grandma only used soap and Nivea cream.” Is not up to date. The school is silent about this, and the screaming everywhere marketing practices of cosmetic companies bring chaos.
I’ll help you to fold it up, collecting information in the characteristic group of each skin.
We start with children’s – there are no problems, skin care of babies and babies comes to us with ease. Most children’s skin is normal skin.
Occurs in children up to the period of puberty, it happens in adults.
• properly tensioned;
• slightly pink,
• without the feeling of dryness;
• There are no extended blood vessels or other major dermotological changes;
• It is not hypersensetive,
• no allergy is found.
Each person will undergo several changes of skin type over a lifetime. Proper recognition of the current skin condition and needs significantly extends the period of satisfaction of its appearance
In addition to rare normal complexion , there are three basic types of skin:
In addition to skin complexion types, we also distinguish its types.
The basic types of we include are:
Therefore, each of the skin complexion can be associated with one or more skin types, for example, combination, mature and dehydrated skin.
These details, however, leave the professionals, let us focus today on the information on the characteristics and care of three basic types of skin.
features oily skin:
• is caused by hyperactivity of the sebaceous glands (called seborrhoea),
• shiny skin in the earthy colour,
• increased bacterial activity
• Enlarged pores,
• presence of tallow lumps visible to the naked eye;
• To the touch of thick,
• palpable grains and inequality,
• the sun affects it well, but in a certain amount; Excess seborrhoea intensifies,
• it responds well to atmospheric factors,
• lack of pronounced wrinkles and fissures (oily skin late in aging),
• flexible and well tensed,
Recommendations for oily skin:
• Use to wash the facial gel intended for oily skin.
• Use after each wash of a tonic for oily skin (during the day also for the refreshment of the face).
• On the day apply a cream with a mattifiers, overnight cream regulating the work of sebaceous glands.
• Apply a gel or eye cream to the neck with nourishing cream.
• Apply the peeling (preferably grained) and cleansing mask once a week.
• In summer, you should use UVA and UVB creams (for oily skin).
• If there is no contraindication in the form of problems with pressure and extended cells, you can use the sauna.
• The effect of matting and extraction of pores: algae, hamamelis, mallow extract, clay,
the effect of normalization of sebaceous glands yield: algae, horsetail, yarrow, Echinacea purple, Chinese bark,
• anti-inflammatory effect, antibacterial give: Manuka, Eucalyptus, Clary sage, nettle, clay,
features dry skin:
• It is formed by the inaction of the sebaceous glands,
• is dull,
• pale is thin (parchment),
• a rough often appears on the network of enlarged vessels
• can flake, peel, pull,
• reacts redness
• there is no visible enlarged pores,
• visible wrinkles and furrows even at a very young age,
• reduced flexibility,
• lack of PTS and intercellular cement building materials,
• Sensitive to atmospheric conditions, air conditioning, hot baths, sauna,
• eczema often occurs
Dry Skin Care Recommendations:
• Use cosmetic lotion or micellar liquid to remove facial makeup.
• Twice a week apply nourishing masks to the face and neck and neckline.
• Moisturize the air at home and at work.
• Use the so-called “Moisturizing from the inside” (tablets and capsules with cucumber oil that can irrigate the skin from the inside).
• Dry skin needs lipids (EFAs, Ceramides, sphingolipids),
creams should contain: ingredients that maintain moisture, i.e.: aloe, algae, allantoin, hyaluronic acid, Hamamelis Virginian, antialiasing, releasing: oils with avocado, borage, grape oil, of primrose, almond, wheat germ, soothing ingredients: bioflavonoids, Melissa, Marigold, Wit. A, C, E, B 5,
• the treatment with EFAs capsules (e.g. Omega-6 from Primrose, omega-3 from the shark) is recommended.
3.Combination or Mixed skin
Combination skin features:
Warning! Two types of mixed skin are distinguished: combination in an oily direction.
Mixed skin in dry direction.
• It has the characteristics of two types complexion. Dry and oily at the same time,
• the most often oily part is the middle: forehead, nose and beard (i.e. zone T)
• At the same time there are two main symptoms: seborrhoea and dryness,
• often face an abnormal reaction to water and soap, and external factors,
• poor reaction to cosmetic agents (frequent irritation).
Treatment recommendations for mixed skin:
• The care of this type of skin makes a lot of problems and is sometimes expensive.
• The care used should include both oily and dry skin needs!
• It is best to use two types of creams at the same time or a special cream for mixed skin, considering which areas prevail.
• Overnight cream vanishing, moisturizing, restorative or nourishing.
• Choose Soft, non-alcoholic washing gels (preferably micellar)
• avoid washing with hot water
• select products with surfactants, moisturizing substances (propylene glycol, amino acids salts, hydrolysates proteins),
• Enzymatic or mechanical peeling,
• cleansing and nourishing masks,
• cosmetics with the addition of: urea, AHA acids (exfoliate and normalize seborrhoea),
Basic skin types discussed. Please note that I didn’t take the age into account. As we change the skin several times in life, it is not possible to attribute it to a particular age. Oily skin is possible in adolescents (then takes on the characteristics of the hormonal type), but also often meets oily skin in people of advanced age (then we speak of oily, mature complexion).
The next article will develop for a complexion with common types: sensitive, vascular, dehydrated. I cordially invite you to try to determine your skin type for the moment. Remember: how you care so you have!